VWT #3: Blue Mountain
August 23 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm$75.00
Tickets go on sale Wednesday July 22 at 9:00 am. Tickets sales will close August 17 @ 6pm.
Please Note: This tasting is enough for two people. To limit the amount of preparation time, we will not be doing single person servings.
Join Allison Spurrell on Facebook Live on Sunday August 23 @ 6:30pm for a 1 hour Virtual Cheese & Wine Tasting. This event will not be held in a venue. Instead you will enjoy it from the comfort of your own home.
Our tasting will focus on cheeses that pair with two wines from Blue Mountain Winery. We will guide you through the tasting, talk pairings, and try and answer questions as you taste along.
How it Works
- Buy your ticket. (1 ticket is for 2 people)
- Pick up your cheese up to three days prior to the event on the pre arranged date at the les amis store you want to pick up at. You can choose these options when you buy your ticket.
- Pick up your wines from Marquis Wine Cellars prior to the event. (Also available direct from Blue Mountain Winery)
- Set up your cheese and wine beforehand at home. Then get ready to follow along with Allison.
- Join us on Sunday August 23, at 6:30 pm on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/lesamisdufromage) and look for the ‘Live‘ video on our page. You can follow along, chat with everyone, and taste some great cheeses. You don’t have to buy the wines we’ve chosen to participate, but this is what we’ll be drinking. They’re all great, interesting wines.
What you will get
- Eight (8) different cheeses, all labeled with name, milk type and origin (For two persons).
- 2 printed menus with information on the cheese
- 1 package of Croccantini crackers
- 1 package of our house-made Pecan & Gruyere shortbread
- Additional accompaniments to be announced. We’re waiting to hear back if we can source sufficient quantities of a few items in time for the tasting
- You may purchase an optional Charcuterie add-on for +$25
- Wine is not included. Please see below
- We’ve partnered with Blue Mountain Winery, who has chosen two wines for us to taste.
- These wines are available at Marquis Wine Cellars
- Alternately, you can order directly from the winery by Monday, August 17. Blue Mountain offers FREE BC wide shipping on orders of 6 or more bottles, so this is a great time to try out the winery’s new releases, including the Blue Mountain 2019 Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, and Sauvignon Blanc.
Cheese Pick-Up FAQ
- When purchasing your ticket, please mark the checkboxes for the following information:
- Regular or gluten free crackers
- Which location you will pick up at
- Which day you will pick up. We will offer pick up over three days prior to the event.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds.
- Specific cheese requests will not be accepted.
- Gluten free crackers may be substituted upon request. Please let us know at the time of purchase.