- This event has passed.
Virtual Cheese Tasting #2
June 28 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm$90.00
Tickets go on sale Tuesday June 2 at 9:00 am
Please Note: This tasting is enough for two people. To limit the amount of preparation time, we will not be doing single person servings.
Join Allison Spurrell on Facebook Live on Sunday June 28 @ 6:30pm for a 1 hour Virtual Cheese & Wine Tasting. This event will not be held in a venue. Instead you will enjoy it from the comfort of your own home.
Our tasting will focus on cheeses that pair with Sangiovese. We will guide you through the tasting, talk pairings, and try and answer questions as you taste along.
How it Works
- Buy your ticket. (1 ticket is for 2 people)
- Pick up your cheese up to three days prior to the event on the pre arranged date at the les amis store you want to pick up at. You can choose these options when you buy your ticket.
- Pick up your wines from Marquis Wine Cellars prior to the event.
- Set up your cheese and wine beforehand at home. Then get ready to follow along with Allison.
- Join us on Sunday June 28, at 6:30 pm on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/lesamisdufromage) and look for the ‘Live‘ video on our page. You can follow along, chat with everyone, and taste some great cheeses. You don’t have to buy the wines we’ve chosen to participate, but this is what we’ll be drinking. They’re all great, interesting wines.
What you will get
- Ten (10) different cheeses, all labeled with name, milk type and origin (For two persons). It will be a generous portion, and you may have leftovers.
- 2 printed menus with information on the cheese
- 1 package of Rustic Bakery crackers
- 1 container of Castelvantrano olives
- 1 container of house-made quince paste
- 1 container of balsamic onions
- 1 small jar Saskatchewan Canadian honey
- You may purchase an optional Charcuterie add-on for +$25
- Wine is not included. Please see below
- The two wines we have chosen are available at Marquis Wine Cellars. One is a Chianti, and one is a Montelpulciano. We’ve picked two different tiers for you and your budget. Please follow the links to purchase the wines from Marquis Wine Cellars. We recommend you don’t wait until the last minute to get your wines. Once we receive your ticket order, we will email you a discount promo code to use with your wine purchase at Marquis, applicable only for the wines below.
- Tier #1: Frescobaldi 2018 Leccioni Chianti/ Cantina Vecchia 2015 Rosso di Montelpulciano
- Tier #2 Monteraponi 2016 Chianti Classico / Carpineto Montepulciano Riserva
- Feeling fancy? You can also enjoy this lovely brunello Perimali 2013 Brunello di Montalcino
- If you don’t want to use the wines we’ll be tasting, don’t worry. You can use wines from your cellar, or pick two Sangioveses from your favourite wine merchant.
Cheese Pick-Up FAQ
- When purchasing your ticket, please mark the checkbox for which location you will pick up at.
- When purchasing your ticket, please mark the checkbox for regular or gluten free crackers.
- We will offer pick up over three days prior to the event. When purchasing your ticket, please mark the checkbox for which day you would like to pick up on.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds.
- Specific cheese requests will not be accepted.
- Gluten free crackers may be substituted upon request. Please let us know at the time of purchase.