- This event has passed.
Virtual Cheese Tasting #1
May 24 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm$90.00
Tickets go on sale Tuesday April 28 at 9:00 am
Please Note: This tasting is enough for 2 people. To limit the amount of preparation time, we will not be doing single person servings.
Join Allison Spurrell on Facebook Live on Sunday May 24 @ 6:30pm for a 1 hour Virtual Cheese & Wine Tasting. This event will not be held in a venue. Instead you will enjoy it from the comfort of your own home.
Our first tasting will focus on cheeses that pair with Chardonnay. We will guide you through the tasting, talk pairings, and try and answer questions as you taste along.
How it Works
- Buy your ticket. (1 ticket is for two people)
- Pick up your cheese up to three days prior to the event on the pre arranged date at the les amis store you want to pick up at. You can choose these options when you buy your ticket.
- Pick up your wines from Marquis Wine Cellars prior to the event.
- Set up your cheese and wine beforehand at home. and get ready to follow along with Allison.
- Join us on Sunday May 24, at 6:30 pm on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/lesamisdufromage) and look for the ‘Live‘ video on our page. You can follow along, chat with everyone, and taste some great cheeses. You don’t have to buy the wines we’ve chosen to participate, but this is what we’ll be drinking. They’re all great, interesting wines.
What you will get
- Ten (10) different cheeses, all labeled with name, milk type and origin (For two persons). It will be a generous portion, and you may have leftovers.
- 2 printed menus with information on the cheese
- 1 container of preserves to pair with the cheeses
- 1 package of Original (plain) Croccantini crackers
- Dried apricots
- Marcona almonds
- You may purchase an optional Charcuterie add-on for +$25.
- Wine is not included. Please see below
- The two wines we have chosen are readily available at Marquis Wine Cellars. One is oaked, and one is not. We’ve picked two different tiers for you and your budget. Please follow the links to purchase the wines from Marquis Wine Cellars. We recommend you don’t wait until the last minute to get your wines. Once we receive your ticket order, we will email you a discount promo code to use with your wine purchase at Marquis, applicable only for the wines below.
- Tier #1: Envyfol 2018 Chardonnay / Blue Mountain 2017 Chardonnay
- Tier #2 Paul Achs 2017 Chardonnay / La Crema 2018 Monterey Chardonnay
- If you don’t want to use the wines we’ll be tasting, don’t worry. You can use wines from your cellar, or pick two chardonnays from your favourite wine merchant.
Cheese Pick-Up FAQ
- When purchasing your ticket, please mark the checkbox for which location you will pick up at.
- When purchasing your ticket, please mark the checkbox for regular or gluten free crackers.
- We will offer pick up over three days prior to the event. When purchasing your ticket, please mark the checkbox for which day you would like to pick up on.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds.
- Specific cheese requests will not be accepted.
- Gluten free crackers may be substituted upon request. Please let us know at the time of purchase.