Updated: March 30, 2020
The health and welfare of our employees and customers is a top priority at les amis du FROMAGE. While some of these changes may pose an inconvenience to some of you, it’s important to us that we provide a safe place for our employees to work.
Please be aware of the following changes we have made to our daily routine.
We ask that anyone who is feeling unwell, or under self-quarantine to refrain from visiting us so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone. Please come and visit us when you are feeling better.
Both stores have updated hours and are open daily from 10am – 6pm (closed holiday Mondays).
At this time we have experienced very little interruption to our supply chain. We are all reading about many large stores with shelves stripped bare of product. So far, that’s not the case for us. We’ve got a plentiful selection of cheese, charcuterie and accompaniments to purchase, with new inventory arriving almost daily. If you don’t already, we recommend you follow us on social media to hear about the latest arrivals.
We are limiting the total amount of customers in the store at both locations. Please wait your turn to enter the store. We recommend that only one person per household enter to do the shopping so that other customers may also shop at the same time. Groups of more than 2 persons are highly discouraged, and may not be allowed to enter.
- Kitsilano – 3 persons maximum
- East Hastings – 6 persons maximum
Please respect the personal space of other shoppers while visiting the store. We recommend you allow 6 feet / 2 meters between yourself and other shoppers. We have installed several floor stickers around the store to remind you to keep your distance between yourself and other customers.
Please allow a safe distance between you and the customer in front / behind you when waiting to pay.
We are also not coming out from behind the counter to help you like we normally have done in the past. While this may make it more difficult if you have questions, we’ll try our best to find a solution to help you.
Cleanliness / Food Safety
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning protocols with particular focus on high contact areas.
- All staff are wearing gloves at all times, and are washing their hands several times throughout the day.
- We are asking that any customer entering the store use the hand sanitizer provided by us. Alternatively you may wear gloves (provided by us) so that you may handle products. We recommend that you not pick up any item unless it is your intent to purchase it.
- We are washing all shopping baskets after every use.
- We have suspended offering product sampling until further notice.
- As per the BC Health Ministry: “Customers should not use their own containers, reusable bags or boxes.”
- We have suspended all rentals of raclette machines and fondue pots.
- We have suspended all glass platters. We will only be using the disposable option for platters at this time. There will be an additional charge for disposable platters.
We are not accepting cash at this time. Please use your credit / debit card, preferably with tap / apple pay. We want to minimize how much we have to interact with you.
Phone / Email / Web Orders
To make things even easier for everyone, please phone in your order ahead of time.
- Kitsilano 604-732-4218
- East Van 604-253-4218
Please use this online email form to place your order. We are trying to have orders ready for pick up within 3 hours (or sooner if possible). We’ll call you once we receive it. At that time, we will let you know of any shortages, and also to get your payment information.
We also have some pre-chosen “Curbside” shopping options that can be easily ordered online.
Thank you for your understanding.
-les amis du FROMAGE