les amis du FROMAGE is looking for a keen individual to be our delivery driver.
Duties will Include
- Deliver cheese and other wholesale goods to customers using our refrigerated Ford Transit van.
- Deliver goods between our two stores
- Communicate in a courteous manner with all customers and the general public
- Handle all associated paperwork with customer
- Work in the store as a retail clerk when not doing deliveries.
- Good physical shape. Able to lift 25 kg
- Valid BC drivers license. Must provide copy of drivers abstract.
- Courteous, organized and detail focused, striving to give excellent customer service.
- Ability to self start, multi-task, and work with minimal supervision.
What we can offer:
- Fulltime daytime hours
- Starting wage of $14 then $15 after 90 days
- Employee Benefits after six months (must work 25+ hours per week)
- 20% Discount on store products
- A professional yet fun, friendly and respectful work environment
How to Apply
If this sounds like a great place to work, then we would love to hear from you. You may apply using the following methods
- Email: Please send your résumé and a cover letter to Allison Spurrell. Our preference is for PDF. Fill in our online application and email it to us, or download one and fill it in by hand if that’s easier.
- In Person: You may drop off your résumé and cover letter to us in person at any one of our stores. We will do our best to make the time to meet you. However, please be respectful of how busy it may be in the store at the time you are applying.
- For kitchen jobs, please send your résumé and a cover letter to Joe Chaput. Our preference is for PDF.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Our customers are our business
If you see that it is busy and that there are several customers in the store, we ask that you please either just drop off your résumé with a staff member, or return again at a slower time.
We thank all applicants in advance for taking the time to apply
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted
A little bit about us
We are Vancouver’s busiest and best cheese store. We stock anywhere between 400-500 cheeses, specializing in raw milk French Cheeses. We also stock cheeses from BC, Italy, Spain and the UK
We pride ourselves on our selection of specialty food items including varietal olive oils, vinegars, crackers, biscuits, olives, pates and much much more.
We are open seven days a week, except holiday Mondays.
We have a full kitchen on premises at our East Vancouver store in Strathcona where we make frozen meals to meet the busy needs of our customers. Our customers demand food at least as good as they would make at home for themselves if they had the time.