I know Canada Day has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean we’re done celebrating the great things about our country in this auspicious year.
We’re making the transition to Maple Hill Farms chicken in all of our prepared foods. You often see it on the menus of Vancouver’s finest restaurants and hotels. It’s the kind of chicken we like to cook with at home, so we can’t think of a better reason to serve it to you.
Raised medication free, given plenty of natural light and room to move freely. They are fed vegetable based rations which contain no growth hormones, and are 100% free of animal by-products.
Look for it in the following menu items
- Chicken stock
- Chicken bone broth
- Chicken noodle soup
- Chicken & chorizo corn chowder
- French onion soup
- Mulligatawny soup
- Braised chicken breast with mushrooms and mustard & white wine sauce
- Thai chicken curry
- Coq au Vin
We also stock uncooked chicken in the freezer section of our Eastvan Store
- Chicken breast – boneless/skinless
- Chicken leg – boneless/skinless
- 14 Arpents – is a soft washed rind cheese from Quebec. One of our favourites!
- Germin Tilsit–is a full fat firm cheese from Germany. Yummy on a picnic
- Asiago Mezzano- is a DOP designated cheese from the north of Italy, this version aged 9 months.
- Brillat Savarin– this is a fresh, tangy triple cream from Burgundy
- Old Country Style Gouda – is a full flavoured hard cheese from the Netherland
Order at SPUD.ca
Quebec has a long and formidable history of cheese making that has the rest of the country working full out to catch up.
Despite a long legacy of production and cheese styles, Quebec cheesemakers are not just sitting around idlely watching while the rapidly expanding repertoire of cheeses from the rest of the country takes over the market. They are working away in small and large dairies, developing new cheeses for an ever hungrier Canadian public.
Read the rest of this article at gismondionwine.com
Article by Allison Spurrell
Photo – Joe Chaput